Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Two More Big Eggs !!

Not sure which chicken laid it, but it is mahoosive. Peggy is walking about slower than usual so it may be her, I am concerned that this is the beginning of another sick chick saga...we will have to wait and see.
The other big egg is above my sons left eye, which is now a lovely pale blue colour. He fell off his bike yesterday, scraped his knee, elbow , shoulder and managed to give himself a black eye, trying to avoid a wheelie bin on the pavement. Daughter number 2 patched him up while daughter number 3 phoned me at work and I gave first aid advice down the phone before leaving work and driving home to dunk the patient in a warm salt bath.
Daughter number 2 was calm and in control ( like great gran in a crisis ) whilst daughter number 3 was anything but !!!!
I can remember the sick feeling in my stomach that I got when I fell off the back of a bike years ago (tearing a hole in my new jeans which mother repaired with a 'Smile Jesus loves you' patch! ) but then the slight feeling of pride when displaying scars, bruises and bandaging to friends and family after any mishap - weird.

8 comments:

  1. Give my heartfelt sympathies to Eggy-Peggy, by the way, how's Guy's bike?

    Much love from Guy's ex-cycling G-U Carl

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a necessary part of riding, I'm afraid. All part of the learning cycle, if you'll excuse another bad pun. Love to Guy; he'll find that we heal pretty quickly in our family.
    Much love from his still cycling Grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will pass on your good wishes to both Peggy and Guy. They are both much improved, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that cycling accident, and your mother's very neat repair work. I did try to get her to put a patch on it with your name embroidered, which I thought you would prefer, but Mummy said that would prevent the jeans being 'passed down' when you grew out of them, and the 'smile, Jesus loves you', would be entirely applicable to all of you, and that with five of you, these things had to be thought of. Now you've got four of you own, you'll probably appreciate her point of view.
    Come to think of it, it probably wouldn't have been a good idea, announcing your name on a strategically placed patch to adolescent blokes admiring your rear view. Mummy's idea might have been better.
    Much love, Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should have put your 'phone number on the patch!!
    That would have been passable down as well as sorting out the dim from the daring ogglers...
    ...and yes you looked terrific from all angles Kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Should that have been 'pass-downable', I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking about it there are no new jeans...
    Genes are all passed down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's taken me a while to think of the right word arrangement, but 'down-passable' would have sounded better perhaps?

    ReplyDelete